Monday 24 December 2018

John Vanderstein at Queen's College, Part 11, Charles II.




John Vanderstein at Queen's College, Oxford. 

Part 11. 

The Eight Statues on the West Front of the Library. 

1696.

Charles II.


I am very much indebted to Dr Graeme Salmon, Curator of Pictures at Queen's College, Oxford for making me welcome at Queen's and for making this work possible.



This blog entry is part of a much larger work investigating and recording the 17th and 18th Century portrait sculpture at Oxford. This project was suggested to me by Dana Josephson of the Bodleian Library, Oxford, who is currently in the process of cataloguing the portraits at the Bodleian and to whom I extend my heart felt thanks.


































All photographs above taken by the author.



No comments:

Post a Comment