House, probably originally had Dutch Billy gables, and was constructed entirely
in stone rather than brick. Constructed about 1725 by a Dublin lawyer called
John Fitzpatrick who sold it shortly afterwards to a legal colleague, Simon
The Bradstreet family resided in the mansion throughout the 18th
century, tending the formal gardens that stretched out in front of the house up
to a splendid wrought iron gateway fronting the highway at Old Kilmainham. The
house became tenements in the late 19th and early 20th centuries with most of
the house demolished about 1965.